A Proud Past – An Ever Forward-Thinking Future
At Hall and Tawse, we are understandably proud of a heritage which dates back more than a century. Established in 1880, the firm has continued throughout the decades – indeed centuries – to innovate and invest. And, we continue this progress today; marrying together traditional craftsmanship with modern manufacturing methods.
We have been based at our current site since 1950 and it gives us 56,000 sq ft of main factory floor space as well as an additional 20,000 sq ft of secondary workshop and storage facilities. Almost 70 years at this location means we have had plenty of time to develop excellent relationships with our workforce of the future and we have a community apprenticeship scheme with our local secondary school.
However, we never forget the craftsmanship which has established our UK wide reputation and the work of Hall and Tawse hands can still be seen on some of the UK’s most impressive historic buildings including Edinburgh Castle, the Houses of Parliament, Balmoral Castle, the Queen’s Gallery in Edinburgh and Stirling Castle.